Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Meh

I had a job interview today at an organic grocery store. It was actually the first place I applied to, immediately after leaving work on the day I got laid off. That was December, so I was surprised to get their call yesterday.

I wouldn't mind working at the place, and I think the interview went all right, but to be honest the thing that most excited me was seeing a familiar face on the way back to the office where the interview would take place. One of the guys I met in my group interview at the book store last week got a job at this place instead. The field has narrowed, and I remain cautiously optimistic, since the book store is where I would prefer to work.

After my interview, I drove to my parents' house, and got to talk with Philosopher King. He was just in for lunch between clients, but it's always nice when we get to talk.

My initial purpose was to file my taxes, as the forms had just been sitting in their manila folder since I filled them in last week. It turns out I actually made a tiny error on one of them, which the electronic version pointed out to me, but it was an error that means I'm actually getting an additional 8 dollars, so I'm good. In checking for my routing and account numbers, I also discovered that I'm getting close to my bank card points goal.

Patton Oswalt stand-up is a great soundtrack to just about anything.

Now I'm sitting here listening to the audio book of Zombie, Spaceship, Wasteland, which is that rare audio book that's actually better than the printed one. Michael Stipe reads the R.E.M. lyrics, the version people with money would buy in a store or order online actually includes a PDF of the comic section. Once I become one of the self-funded once more, I might actually grab a physical copy to go with the book. Yeah, you could say I've enjoyed it. Though, I'm still trying to figure out if I'm a spaceship or a wasteland. Maybe something like a crashed spaceship in the middle of a wasteland.

Last night, I fell asleep watching the first episode of Kindred: The Embraced. It's not that it's a boring show, although it was less cool than I want it to be, but more that my circadian rhythms have been crazy anymore. I just feel like immersing myself in vampire stuff would be helpful in working on my novels. I actually watched The Lost Boys the other day, for the first time. I know, I probably would have liked it more if I'd been the same age as Corey Feldman's character when I saw it, but it was better and worse than I'd expected.

I think I've become distracted and diverted now to the point that I'm just going to leave this as is for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment